Friday, April 8, 2011

Jack Kerouac

The progressive voice of Jack Kerouac and the Beat Generation was a social catalyst during the 1950s. We can gather and absorb consciousness from past times. Even if it’s not our reality, doesn’t make it less real.
Derek Gabryszak and Brett Mikoll - (I do many things in the name of collaboration. This project was no different.I think collaboration is an amazing thing…the exchange of ideas.It’s beautiful. So I decided to ask a friend of mine from my home town of Buffalo, NY, that runs Piece Apparel if he’d like to collaborate on a print. I’ll make posters, he’ll print shirts.
We kicked around a few ideas, I started drawing, we emailed a bunch back and forth (as I’m located in New York City) and once we were happy, Brett came to visit and we printed the posters, when he returned to Buffalo he printed the shirts and now we’re ready to share them!)
Also, further confirmation that collaborating is fun.



via@fpo

No comments:

Post a Comment